Sunday, September 11, 2011

Spinach-stuffed Portobello mushrooms

Emily at Tinfoils Tiaras - this one's for you ;)
 
Preheat oven to 375. Clean 6 portobellos, then remove and reserve stems. Scrape out black gills with a spoon and discard (I accidentally left these in and thought it still tasted fine). Lightly brush the outside of the mushrooms with extra virgin olive oil.

Either pulse-blend or hand chop 10 oz of spinach, mushroom stems, 2 oz Parmesan, ¼ cup pine nuts, 1 clove garlic, and 1 shallot (I used an equivalent amount of regular onion). Put all of these in a small mixing bowl and add 2 T low fat sour cream and 1 tsp Dijon mustard.

Divide the spinach filling among the portobellos and cook on a baking sheet for 25 minutes.

 I, along with so many others, am taking time today to reflect on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones in this tragedy, and well as to those in all countries who devote their time to building a more peaceful and just world. 
xx

7 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I have never eaten anything like this, but I am definitely willing to try!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks quite tasty, but definitely not something I'd eat because I'm so picky, haha
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks delicious, I am always a fan of pizzas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh will you hate me if I say I'm not the biggest fan of mushrooms? ;) Actually they're starting to grow on me-especially as they take on the texture of meat and my man LOVES portobellos so I will have to make these and let you know what I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! Mushrooms are so amazing. I love how complex they are and how they can really ground a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE mushrooms... & i LOVE spinach. so this sounds amazing... i gotta try! :) thanks for sharing!

    hope you'll visit again soon to enter my YSL inspired ring GIVEAWAY!!

    xx,
    cins - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this looks amazing!!! I love portobellos and pine nuts and, actually, every ingredient in this recipe! I'm not the greatest cook on my own so I'll have to try this out and let you know how it goes - it looks absolutely scrumptious!!!

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!