Friday, October 21, 2011

Grilled pork and peach kebabs

I grew up in a household where we didn't eat much pork. Not for health reasons, not for religious reasons, for no good reason whatsoever. When I look back and see how many pork recipes I've posted on the blog, it makes me think I'm making up for lost time.

I love any kind of meat paired with fruit, especially fruit which I'm allergic to in raw form, like peaches. When I came across a recipe for skewers that combined pork and peaches, I knew I had to get them onto the dinner table pronto.

To make, cut two 1 lb pork tenderloins into large pieces. Quarter 8 peaches.
In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup maple syrup, 3 T grainy mustard, 1 T chopped rosemary, 1 T chopped thyme, 2 tsp chili lime pepper and 1 tsp salt. Add the pork and peach pieces to the marinade. 

Skewer the meat and fruit pieces onto wooden skewers (pre-soaked). BBQ or bake over medium heat, basting with remaining sauce until meat is cooked through.

The original recipe calls for cilantro as a garnish but I left it out.

Variations:
Substitute chicken for pork.
Substitute apple for peaches. 
  
 Recipe source: LCBO BBQ Central

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Well, all of your recipe posts look delicious :) We have some pork at home and we will be doing this over the weekend! Thanks for recipe. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes are killer! I LOVE kebabs and have never thought to put peaches on one - how unique and delicious!

    I just started my new inspiration series link-up and would love to have you join in, check it out if you'd like!
    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/2011/10/best-form-of-flattery-1st-edition-j.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Kat!!! Yummy- I've been a bad veggie this week (accidentally eating meat a few times) so I'm salvitating over this dish! I hope you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy! I don't eat pork, but I'd definitely try that with chicken!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks yummi<3
    do you want to follow each other maybe?
    let me know :)
    YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kebabs are fun. I like the combination of peaches and pork you did here. Whenever we've made them at home, there's never been much thought put into them: just green peppers, onions, and whatever meat is lying around. I like the thought you put into this! Nioce!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!