Sunday, February 05, 2012

The one with the old and the new

This outfit is about something old and something new (but nothing borrowed and nothing blue). I’ve had the top, blazer and skirt for at least five years, but I’ve never worn the three together. It makes me wonder what undiscovered combinations are still sitting in my closet just waiting for a flash of inspiration.

The rose-gold watch was a Christmas gift from B. I LOVE IT. I like how the classic leather strap matches my new eyeglasses. I LOVE THEM. A 4-month search for a plastic frame that fits my narrow face and even narrower nose bridge ended when I found this pair within a stone’s throw of my office. Go figure.

Have you needed to invest in new eyewear or wristwear this year?

xx









Top – Nine West
Blazer – trf (also here)
Shirt – Jus d’orange (also here, here and here)
Shoes – Elie Tahari via Winners (last seen here)
Glasses – Marc O’Polo
Watch – Kenneth Cole
Earrings – Zone

13 comments:

  1. your brad knows what you like. your outfit is classic & elegant, perfect for the office, or drinks later. i had to get those reader magnifying glasses, for the first time, in september. i haven't worn a watch in years. hope you have a good week kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit!

    i am inviting you to participate on my online shop's give-away promo..

    check my blog for instrucitons

    www.niqueINIT.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty skirt!!!

    http://stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit! The blazer is perfect!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blazer!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh love the printed top on you, the colors are so spring and fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely look. Lately I've been trying to mix and match and make new combinations...it can be so much fun!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frames look great on you. I recently purchased a half-framed pair, since my others are thick and dark-rimmed and I wanted something lighter I could pair well with lighters things in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glasses look stunning Kat-they really suit your face! I also love the watch and the print on the top is beautiful! I bought my glasses about a year ago and no new watches for me- I very rarely wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is amazing how many undiscovered combinations we all have hiding in our closets... My shopping budget has taken a nose-dive recently, which has forced me to get creative and it's amazing how many things I've never put together before! I absolutely love your new glasses, they suit you beautifully.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kat, I think you look very intelligent in those glasses!
    Tee hee I actually think my husband used that line on me when we first met!
    I really like the textures in your ourfit. Very pretty and what is that I see a touch of lace from a slip? I honestly can't remember the last time I wore one of those.
    Trending link is back and up and running.....stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blazer is beauuuutiful, the rich chocolate color is so rich and warm looking and it looks fantastic with the skirt and top.

    The watch-beautiful as well! I love rose gold and chocolate brown together, it's one of my very favorite color combos and looks so lux and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  13. veeery chic, love your blazer especially color.
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!