Thursday, August 16, 2012

EBEW: Monochromatic neutrals

After missing both the June (neon) and July (colourblocking) challenges over at Everybody Everywear, I wanted to make sure August's monochromatic roundup didn't pass me by.

I'm often drawn to the simplicity of head-to-toe light-coloured neutrals, yet I never seem to wear them myself. Since there's been a dearth of shorts in my summer postings, I built a (somewhat) monochromatic outfit around a pair of white shorts. Lace, pearls and bows added unabashedly feminine touches. I'm slightly aghast nothing in this outfit is thrifted, but everything was bought on sale (redemption?)

xx





{My bridesmaid shoes from a recent wedding - LOVE}


Shorts - Le Chateau
Tank - RW & Co. (also here)
Shoes - Nine West
Necklaces - Gifted
Clutch - Hotel gift shop


Monochromatic | Everybody, Everywear

9 comments:

  1. You look hot as hell. I envy your gorg legs. Wowza. Beautiful outfit. Simple and sizzling. Dawn xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color, but I'm more of a neutral person. Gorgeous outfit.
    Mom Fitness Journal | Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie of Alaskan Weredork18 August 2012 at 03:35

    I really like neutral monochromatic looks, this looks fantastic with the white and the little bit of beige from the shoes, very summer time and crisp looking. (And that little clutch is really fantastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you in that it's rare when I wear an outfit without anything thrifted. I love how classic and elegant this look is, the lacy tank and floral shoes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe these shorts are from le chateau...ive got to go there more often~

    I honestly love your style. everything from the lace (i love it!) and the nude heels and the peals love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the neutrals, flowers & lace. your legs go for miles! i'm jealous. this outfit is striking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the white shorts! They always look great. And I love how you paired them with neutrals. Great look! :)


    -Mary @ stylethatmoves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the neutrals, flowers & lace. your legs go for miles! i'm jealous. this outfit is striking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe these shorts are from le chateau...ive got to go there more often~

    I honestly love your style. everything from the lace (i love it!) and the nude heels and the peals love!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!