Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Two-year blog anniversary: chronicling my 10 favourite looks

Today is the two-year anniversary of 'a second glance'. Yay! To mark the occasion, here are 10 of my favourite looks, in no particular order. Check back tomorrow when I will be posting 10 of my favourite dishes.

xx


Why I like it: The rich textures and colours pop in this outfit and I got to wear my staggeringly high pair of 'reverse Louboutins'.


Why I like itA 'funky urban' dress code challenge helped me come up with this outfit that's got a fun downtown vibe.


Why I like it: I accessorized a piece more commonly worn on its own.



Why I like itAn experiment with a bouffant updo, hair wrap and oversized hoop earrings gave this outfit a throwback vibe.



Why I like it: In another retro outfit, theatrical accessories transformed a polka-dot dress, and I carried the 40s theme through to hair and makeup.



Why I like itFollowing an inspiration photo got me layering beyond my usual comfort zone, with unexpectedly pleasant results



Why I like it: One banded belt united two tricky trends: print-mixing and a midi-length skirt.



Why I like itA couple of tired pieces from my closet felt fresh and modern worn together.



 Why I like it: Layering a knit top gave me more options for a beloved sundress, and I added one of my quirkiest thrift finds - my pearl tassel belt.



Why I like itGold sequinshot pink and a cheery clutch got me pumped up for a party that night. 



5 comments:

  1. Happy Blogiversary Kat! I remember outfit #9 because that's when I first found your blog and fell in love with the pearl belt. Two years sure has flown by! I also like your 50s retro and 40s outfits too :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky urban! I like them all, but that one really stands out for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, I really like funky urban and the stripe/floral mix! congrats on 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember most of these looks, and yes they are all great. that was a fun retrospective. rock on kat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your 40s and 50s retro looks, you look so gorgeous! My favourite is the stripes and floral combo, you really can't go wrong with that pairing!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!