Friday, June 14, 2013

Structured sheath with ribbon belt

Growing up, my sister was the bigger tomboy in our family, but I also enjoyed lots of pursuits more typically associated with boys: building things with power tools, racing matchbox cars, collecting snails in my pockets and pretend-shaving my 'beard' next to my dad. I was also the only kid in the neighbourhood who ever wanted to play with our croquet set, so maybe I've got a posh elderly lady living in me too. 

This outfit has some subtle hints of menswear: a neutral brown/grey palette, a fabric that's reminiscent of a suit, a slightly androgynous watch. The dangly earrings and bow-tied belt reflect the girly side that's an equally big part of my identity. Tell me: Where do you fall on the tomboy/girlie girl spectrum?

xx








Dress - Calvin Klein via Winners
Bag - Leo Monk
Shoes - Thrifted (Aldo)
Ribbon - from a F21 dress
Earrings - Claire's

8 comments:

  1. This is the perfect mix of tomboy/girly. The ribbon belt is awesome! You and I would have been great friends as little girls. I was definitely tomboyish building forts and catching snakes :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello gorgeous kat! i enjoyed reading about little you. i was a very girly girl, at least in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute dress! I was definitely a girly girl at a young age but as I've gotten older I tend to go back and forth between tom-boy and feminine for my casual style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am waaaaayyyy more on the girly girl side, the most tomboy thing about me is that... (I literally can't think of one thing!) LOVE the colour of this dress and how you added the adorable bow to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, I love the belt and the handbag. Your dress is so flattering on you. I have always been a girly girl. Not a trace of tomboy in me. Except maybe the way I pump iron in the gym. I am pretty strong, that comes from having two big brothers who were into weightlifting and a close friend who is a retired bodybuilder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty dress, I love the simplicity and elegance of it :) it's very flattering too! Im more girly I have to say but I do enjoy the occasional menswear inspired piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of that dress. The bow is extra cute on it too! Love how you paired it with the earrings.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look very pretty! i love your entire outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!