Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A second glance at a tweed dress

Every season, I fall in love all over again with some piece from my wardrobe that I'd neglected the year before. Last year, I fretted that this dress was too sexy for work. It does have a relatively high slit up the back, not seen here. However, with pencil skirts inching back below the knee and tweed being all the rage this fall, right now I'm all c'mere sugar.

 On this dress's two previous turns on the blog, I wore it like a jumper, with a top underneath - here and here. This time I tried a different tack - a bright cardigan and a thin scarf in autumnal tones, and a print that's reminiscent of abstract peacock feathers.

xx


{The only shot we got with true-to-life colours}







Dress - RW & Co. (also here and here)
Cardigan - Talbots via Winners (last seen here)
Scarf - Thrifted
Shoes - Naturalizer via thrift store
Watch - Kenneth Cole
Bracelet - Toronto boutique
Earrings - Gift

5 comments:

  1. It's a great dress! The shoulder part of the dress is really pretty. I also really like your scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat, it's so elegant! isn't that what i always say about your style? anyway, i checked out the other 2 ways you styled it, and they all look very different, and great. the mustard cardigan with the scarf in this post is simply autumn-tastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! That dress is gorgeous, especially the straps and the neckline. And it fits you like a glove, I tell you, a GLOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you keep falling in love with this dress, it looks like it was made for you! The neckline is gorgeous but the fit of the dress is stunning and yes, very sexy looking! (I love the scarf as an accessory, it's so understated but perfect.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous dress! It fits you like a glove!!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!