Saturday, December 21, 2013

Five days of holiday baking: Day 4 - Cherry-white chocolate cookies

Cream cheese shortbread cookies are another Christmas standby for me. In 2011, I flavoured them with lemon (here). In 2012, I stuck with a citrus base, but went in a more tropical direction with toasted coconut-lime cookies with macadamia nuts (here). This year I decided to try pairing white chocolate and dried cherries.

xx

In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together 3/4 cup softened butter and 3 oz softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1 cup icing sugar and beat hard. Gradually mix in 2 cups flour until well-blended. Stir in 1 cup dried cherries and 200g chopped white chocolate (or white chocolate chippits).

Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar, and place onto a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. (Handle the dough as little as possible). Make an indentation in the dough balls with a fork dipped in icing sugar. Bake at 300F for 20-25 minutes, or until delicate brown underneath. 



1 comment:

  1. ok i am going to try this recipe tomorrow. I'm suppose to bring cookies to Christmas dinner and well, the gingerbread ones i made on Thursday did not turn out! so based on your photo alone I'm going to say this recipe is a winner, wish me luck ;)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!