Thursday, September 18, 2014

Short shorts and tall mirrors

When I feel like turning it on for a night out, I love a pair of short shorts, like this tuxedo-inspired pair, worn with high heels and a slouchy top. The occasion was a birthday dinner for my father-in-law at a fancy steakhouse, so I kept the top half modest.

I'm glad I was able to get Brad to take a couple of extra shots on my phone on the way over. Apparently when my heels are on I'm too tall for hallway selfies in front of our only full-length mirror. Hence the either-feet-or-head photos. I'm happy that I managed to throw this outfit together in about 2 minutes, my prep time having been reduced to almost nothing by an ice bucket challenge. 

Sidebar: Yes, I did the challenge, and yes I read all the associated slacktivism/charity-worthiness articles. I decided to make a small donation to ASL.ca, but also chose to donate to the Alzheimer Society of Ontario. Dementia is a cause close to our family's heart, and research is needed as dementia becomes an even more pressing health issue for a greying population. Equally importantly, the Society has a top rating on charityintelligence.ca. 

On a more lighthearted note, I urge you to download Radiolab's The Bus Stop podcast to hear a great story about how one nursing home found an mindblowingly simple and innovative -solution to dealing with disoriented residents. You won't be disappointed! Click here for the link.

xx








Shorts - Forever 21
Sweater - Tristan via thrift store
Shoes - Guess via Winners
Necklace - Claire's
Clutch - Gift

3 comments:

  1. You look amazing in this outfit. I love the bright shoes to finish it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat your legs go on forever-- I'm jelly! I love that you wore those pretty pink shoezies! so unexpected and very fun.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!