Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Creamy quinoa pasta bake with turkey, shiitake mushrooms and peas

I'm starting to think I need to divide my recipes into weekday and weekend. The cornmeal-crusted cod topped with slow-cooked sweet peppers and beurre blanc I made recently (recipe to come) falls into the latter category while this one falls into the former. Freshly dried sage from our garden was a great addition to this dish. The recipe is my own. Serves 6-8. 

xx

Prepare 500g of quinoa pasta according to directions. 

Drain and transfer into an oven-proof casserole dish. Add 2 jars of Alfredo sauce, 350 g cooked, shredded turkey breast (I cheated and used Costco's frozen cooked variety), 1 can drained peas, 1-1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms with the tough part of the stems removed, 2T freshly dried sage and 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix well. Top with 1 cup of shredded gouda, then bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. om nom nom, Kat! I've never had quinoa pasta before, but it looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!