Friday, January 16, 2015

Bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with almonds and maple

My sister has been raving to me about bacon-wrapped dates, so I decided to try making them for our World Junior Hockey viewing get-together. We needed something a little sweeter to offset the mini pizzas and other savoury bites. Often the dates are stuffed with nuts and/or cheese. I decided to use slivered almonds tossed in maple syrup in my own - patriotic - twist on the recipe.

xx

To make, pit 30 dates and cut 10 pieces of bacon into thirds crosswise. (Note: Test a piece at the beginning to make sure it'll be long enough to wrap around the date). Toss 1 cup of slivered almonds with 1/3 cup maple syrup. Stuff each date with the gooey almonds, wrap with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, turning  once. Serve hot.


1 comment:

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!