Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sailor stripes and florals

I'm making an effort to wear pieces that tend to languish in my wardrobe, like my thrifted midi skirt, and to better mix-and-match. I think this outfit was successful on both counts. The belt used to belong to Tinfoil Tiaras and looked great...once I moved the buttons. (That girl has the tiniest waist!) 

Later, I remembered the photo below of Clemency Poesy, which I'd seen in My Instyle magazine over a year ago and had really loved. I think it was subconscious style inspiration for my outfit. Wouldn't both of these be ideal for a day of shopping in a beachside town in the south of France? (someday....) 

Today's my birthday - yay! I kicked off the weekend with a beautiful and rejuvenating hour and a half hour long bike ride along the Ottawa River with a friend. Today it's supposed to be deliciously hot and sunny. I will be spending the afternoon and evening lounging around my parents' pool with extended family and waiting to indulge in some chocolate cheesecake after dinner. 

xx








Skirt - Thrifted (Joseph A.)(also here)
Top - H&M
Belt - Swapped
Hat - Winners
Sandals - Thrifted (George)
Earrings - Laura
Ring - Winners

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday beautiful kat! your outfit does look like the inspiration. :) enjoy that chocolate cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SHOCKED those heels are George! Well done and I looove that skirt.

    A.Co @ A.Co
    est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!